My Love (love in silence)

That day,
You said something unexpected
saying that you loved me
shout out my name from the rooftop
bursting out my heart

But.. someone also claimed that "he" loved me
but he never dared to call out my name.

And then my confusion mounted,
My loyalities tested
My love torn
Conflicted !

Then the hard part came.
And I expected you to call out my name once more, my love
to stand by my side
to stand for the rest of time
time flies
but you still silent
quite acceptance of my pain

My loyalities were tested no more
you never called out my name
never stood by me
you turned your back
never faltered

Kneeling down in silence
the tears that fall down from the window of my heart
they answered me
you're someone who i can't have
a person i have to forget
like the wind, like the dust
I can’t catch you, I can’t see you

Raining..
and the rain pelted me like rocks
as my body was beaten down by the strength of the wind,
the wind lost its power.
The rain did not pour down so hard
and in that moment realization dawned.

"He" had blocked the wind with his body
Turned his body into a makeshift umbrella.
Proved to me that he didn't need to call me from the rooftop
That he didn't need to put on a show for the masses
Proved to me that he would stand by me, for me
That my pain was his pain.
My struggles his
That his love was cemented in a powerful silence
A silence that endured through action.

-Siska Hermawati-

This poem was inspired by Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo
-Love in silence JSTJ-




No comments:

Post a Comment